Table of Contents
- Venue Information
- Manchester Music Hall Concert Schedule and Tickets
- Venue Capacity
- Seating Chart
- Hotels Near Manchester Music Hall
- What are visitors saying?
Manchester Music Hall Kentucky is a music venue and event space located in the heart of Lexington’s Distillery District. The Lexington, Ky venue hosts a wide variety of national and regional musical acts, ranging from metal to pop-country. The owners describe the venue as a space for “music lovers, community, and everything in between.” The 11,000 square-foot space has played hosts to a variety of musical acts such as the Steel Drivers, Trivium, Steep Canyon Rangers, Tyler Childers, Manchester Orchestra, Atreyu, Lupe Fiasco, Highly Suspect, Chris Knight, Jamey Johnson, and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
The Manchester Music Hall building originally housed bourbon and was the first registered distillery in Lexington, Kentucky! The building was part of Old Tarr Distillery and was known as the Old Tarr Distillery warehouse #2 in the 1800s. The building closed down in the early 1900s and was then purchased by the Star Tool Company.
The Star Tool Company eventually shut down the location. The building was later converted into a concert venue known as Buster’s Billiards and Backroom. Buster’s originally opened on Main Street in the mid-1990s but relocated to the Manchester location in 2009. They became the premier, mid-size music venue in Lexington’s Distillery District where they operated for five years before closing their doors in 2014.
In 2015, three entrepreneurs from Pikeville purchased the space with the intention of keeping it an entertainment venue. Working with Lexington event-management company, LexEffect, they reopened the venue as Manchester Music Hall. The venue officially opened doors on Sept. 30, 2015, and has continued to bring an exciting array of regional and national music acts to Lexington, Ky.
Read More: Check out the top seven music venues for live music in Lexington, KY!
899 Manchester St, Lexington, KY 40508-2417
Manchester Music Hall Concert Schedule and Tickets
Manchester Music Hall always has an exciting schedule of concerts. There’s something for everyone ranging from heavy metal to bluegrass and from regional to national acts! Browse the list below and buy tickets today!
Manchester Music Hall has a maximum capacity of 1,100 patrons.
Most live music shows at Manchester Music Hall Kentucky are GA – standing room only unless otherwise noted. The only seating available is a bench that runs down the wall, which is first-come, first-serve.
Hotels Near Manchester Music Hall
There’s plenty of hotels to choose from near the venue. The Hyatt Regency, Hilton, Holiday Inn, and 21c Museum Hotel are all excellent hotels located nearby. However, you won’t find many within walking distance, so make sure to have your favorite rideshare app (like Lyft or Uber) ready when heading to the show.
Manchester Music Hall offers limited parking at $10 per spot. There are several other parking lots nearby that are not operated by the venue. You can also park at one of the large parking garages downtown and then Lyft or Uber to the venue.
SpotHero is your best bet for reserving parking on show day near Manchester Music Hall. Use the links the below to download the app and reserve parking near the venue!Click here to find parking near the venue!
What are visitors saying?
- Lots of patrons have praised the venue for hosting a wide variety of musical artists from all different genres including rock, metal, country, edm, and bluegrass. They said that Manchester Music Hall was an excellent venue to catch live music in Lexington, Ky, no matter what genre you’re interested in.
- Several patrons have applauded the wide selection of bourbon and alcoholic drinks at reasonable prices. There are two bars — one in the front of house and one in the back. The venue doesn’t have food, but sometimes food trucks are available in the parking lot.
- One patron that attended a recent show said that the sound was spectacular, especially for a music venue with an active bar (sometimes it’s hard to hear the music over the bar chatter in venues like Manchester Music Hall).
- Many visitors have indicated that the bathrooms were always clean and that the wait was never long.
- One patron, listed as a local guide, indicated that the venue is perfect for intimate shows and allows for easy access to get close to the performers.
- Many patrons have commented, stating that the venue is mainly standing room only. If you don’t mind standing then it’s not an issue, but if you’re looking for seats then your choices are slim.
- Do not forget to close your tab at the end of the night. Several users have indicated that the bar staff is super speedy and friendly, but that the venue will automatically charge you a 20% gratuity if you leave without closing your tab.
- A local guide indicated that the venue is the perfect size with excellent views of the stage, no matter where you’re standing.